Where did ketchup come from?
Slate's Dan Jurafsky explores the ubiquitous condiment's unlikely Chinese origins
Heinz's new "Dip and Squeeze" ketchup containers may make the industry-standard tiny packets obsolete, but could also encourage bad eating behavior.
2011 H. J. Heinz Company
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week