Where did ketchup come from?
Slate's Dan Jurafsky explores the ubiquitous condiment's unlikely Chinese origins
Heinz's new "Dip and Squeeze" ketchup containers may make the industry-standard tiny packets obsolete, but could also encourage bad eating behavior.
2011 H. J. Heinz Company
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week