Where did ketchup come from?
Slate's Dan Jurafsky explores the ubiquitous condiment's unlikely Chinese origins
Heinz's new "Dip and Squeeze" ketchup containers may make the industry-standard tiny packets obsolete, but could also encourage bad eating behavior.
2011 H. J. Heinz Company
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week