The torturer's playlist
Gitmo guards reportedly use Sesame Street songs to get prisoners to crack. Slate's Will Oremus investigates why that might be effective
What's the best kind of music for torturing someone?
Facebook/ Sesame Street
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
Subscribe to the Week