ore than a million people braved soggy weather Sunday, lining London's Thames River to glimpse the slight Sovereign as she floated by on her gilded barge during a parade of boats, and the rain couldn't dampen a historic day. Here's a look at Queen Elizabeth's "happy and glorious" Diamond Jubilee in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week