More than a million people braved soggy weather Sunday, lining London's Thames River to glimpse the slight Sovereign as she floated by on her gilded barge during a parade of boats, and the rain couldn't dampen a historic day. Here's a look at Queen Elizabeth's "happy and glorious" Diamond Jubilee in pictures.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
Subscribe to the Week