Can you own an asteroid?
Plans to mine minerals on celestial bodies could violate international space law
A radar image of asteroid 2005 YU55, which would trigger a 7.1-magnitude earthquake were it to collide with Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week