Can you own an asteroid?
Plans to mine minerals on celestial bodies could violate international space law
A radar image of asteroid 2005 YU55, which would trigger a 7.1-magnitude earthquake were it to collide with Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week