ome people find HBO's sprawling fantasy epic Game of Thrones convoluted to a baffling degree. Others, presumably, are such fans that they'll plunk down 30 grand for a full-scale replica of the eponymous Iron Throne ($31,800, including shipping). Made of what HBO calls "hand-finished, hand-painted fiberglass and fire-proof resin" — not 1,000 swords from vanquished foes, as in the show — the throne is more than 7 feet tall and weighs 350 pounds. "It might not match your living room decor," says Mike Wehner at Tecca, but you can always redecorate.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week