OOD DAY FOR:
The profitability of pumping iron
A new study finds that workers who exercise make roughly 9 percent more money than those who stay on the couch. [Death & Taxes]
Hot sauce devotees
An artisan lollypop maker introduces a spicy Sriracha lollipop made of the much-loved Asian hot sauce. [The Frisky]
Getting the sense knocked into you
A Colorado man becomes a piano virtuoso after suffering a concussion from diving into the shallow end of a pool. [Opposing Views]
BAD DAY FOR:
A man receives a flood of death threats after getting a new phone number; he soon discovers that the digits used to belong to George Zimmerman, the man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin. [New York]
In response to New York City's proposed ban on large sugary drinks, Coca-Cola implausibly fires back that no scientific evidence connects sugary beverages to obesity. [Consumerist]
Tourists at a zoo in the Netherlands make a run for it after a polar bear shatters the protective glass that separated them. [Videogum]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 7, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The best movies to watch in theaters this month
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week