GOOD DAY FOR:
Brining the wine
A vineyard manager, a barrel maker, and an oyster farmer in France experiment with aging wine underwater. [AFP]
Lady Gaga gets hit in the head with a pole during a New Zealand performance, sustains a concussion... and continues to perform. [BuzzFeed]
A new study finds that the TSA's full-body scanners do not expose passengers to dangerous levels of radiation. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A hitchhiker who was writing a book about the kindness of America is shot at random while waiting for a ride on the side of the road. [Death & Taxes]
Two giant tortoises that had maintained a 115-year relationship are separated after attacks from the female turned violent. [The Daily What]
Framing your diploma
A Nevada high school misspells "graduation" as "graduataion" on its students' diplomas. [AP]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 8, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week