OOD DAY FOR:
Brining the wine
A vineyard manager, a barrel maker, and an oyster farmer in France experiment with aging wine underwater. [AFP]
Lady Gaga gets hit in the head with a pole during a New Zealand performance, sustains a concussion... and continues to perform. [BuzzFeed]
A new study finds that the TSA's full-body scanners do not expose passengers to dangerous levels of radiation. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A hitchhiker who was writing a book about the kindness of America is shot at random while waiting for a ride on the side of the road. [Death & Taxes]
Two giant tortoises that had maintained a 115-year relationship are separated after attacks from the female turned violent. [The Daily What]
Framing your diploma
A Nevada high school misspells "graduation" as "graduataion" on its students' diplomas. [AP]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 8, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week