GOOD DAY FOR:
Brining the wine
A vineyard manager, a barrel maker, and an oyster farmer in France experiment with aging wine underwater. [AFP]
Lady Gaga gets hit in the head with a pole during a New Zealand performance, sustains a concussion... and continues to perform. [BuzzFeed]
A new study finds that the TSA's full-body scanners do not expose passengers to dangerous levels of radiation. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A hitchhiker who was writing a book about the kindness of America is shot at random while waiting for a ride on the side of the road. [Death & Taxes]
Two giant tortoises that had maintained a 115-year relationship are separated after attacks from the female turned violent. [The Daily What]
Framing your diploma
A Nevada high school misspells "graduation" as "graduataion" on its students' diplomas. [AP]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 8, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week