OOD DAY FOR:
Brining the wine
A vineyard manager, a barrel maker, and an oyster farmer in France experiment with aging wine underwater. [AFP]
Lady Gaga gets hit in the head with a pole during a New Zealand performance, sustains a concussion... and continues to perform. [BuzzFeed]
A new study finds that the TSA's full-body scanners do not expose passengers to dangerous levels of radiation. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A hitchhiker who was writing a book about the kindness of America is shot at random while waiting for a ride on the side of the road. [Death & Taxes]
Two giant tortoises that had maintained a 115-year relationship are separated after attacks from the female turned violent. [The Daily What]
Framing your diploma
A Nevada high school misspells "graduation" as "graduataion" on its students' diplomas. [AP]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 8, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week