GOOD DAY FOR:
Brining the wine
A vineyard manager, a barrel maker, and an oyster farmer in France experiment with aging wine underwater. [AFP]
Lady Gaga gets hit in the head with a pole during a New Zealand performance, sustains a concussion... and continues to perform. [BuzzFeed]
A new study finds that the TSA's full-body scanners do not expose passengers to dangerous levels of radiation. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A hitchhiker who was writing a book about the kindness of America is shot at random while waiting for a ride on the side of the road. [Death & Taxes]
Two giant tortoises that had maintained a 115-year relationship are separated after attacks from the female turned violent. [The Daily What]
Framing your diploma
A Nevada high school misspells "graduation" as "graduataion" on its students' diplomas. [AP]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 8, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week