GOOD DAY FOR:
A three-legged chihuahua named Peggy Leg begins her first round of prosthesis operations. Her new bionic leg is expected to allow her to walk again. [Tecca]
Michelle Obama joins Pinterest and begins pinning surprisingly personal family photos in honor of Father's Day. [Business Insider]
A fisherman in Nova Scotia catches an extremely rare blue lobster and plans to sell it to the highest bidder — so long as the buyer promises not to eat the unusual creature. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
Random acts of kindness
An Oregon man catches the bubonic plague after he attempts to save a mouse from the jaws of a stray cat. [Death & Taxes]
Four of the biggest music labels in Europe begin hiring students to snitch on peers who illegally download music. [Consumerist]
The wisdom of crowds
More than 40 percent of all projects on the social crowdsourcing website Kickstarter fail, according to newly released data. [Mashable]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 12, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week