OOD DAY FOR:
A three-legged chihuahua named Peggy Leg begins her first round of prosthesis operations. Her new bionic leg is expected to allow her to walk again. [Tecca]
Michelle Obama joins Pinterest and begins pinning surprisingly personal family photos in honor of Father's Day. [Business Insider]
A fisherman in Nova Scotia catches an extremely rare blue lobster and plans to sell it to the highest bidder — so long as the buyer promises not to eat the unusual creature. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
Random acts of kindness
An Oregon man catches the bubonic plague after he attempts to save a mouse from the jaws of a stray cat. [Death & Taxes]
Four of the biggest music labels in Europe begin hiring students to snitch on peers who illegally download music. [Consumerist]
The wisdom of crowds
More than 40 percent of all projects on the social crowdsourcing website Kickstarter fail, according to newly released data. [Mashable]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 12, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week