OOD DAY FOR:
A three-legged chihuahua named Peggy Leg begins her first round of prosthesis operations. Her new bionic leg is expected to allow her to walk again. [Tecca]
Michelle Obama joins Pinterest and begins pinning surprisingly personal family photos in honor of Father's Day. [Business Insider]
A fisherman in Nova Scotia catches an extremely rare blue lobster and plans to sell it to the highest bidder — so long as the buyer promises not to eat the unusual creature. [Huffington Post]
BAD DAY FOR:
Random acts of kindness
An Oregon man catches the bubonic plague after he attempts to save a mouse from the jaws of a stray cat. [Death & Taxes]
Four of the biggest music labels in Europe begin hiring students to snitch on peers who illegally download music. [Consumerist]
The wisdom of crowds
More than 40 percent of all projects on the social crowdsourcing website Kickstarter fail, according to newly released data. [Mashable]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: June 12, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week