GOOD DAY FOR:
A study finds that heavy drinking, smoking, drug use, and overeating do not affect a man's sperm count. [TIME]
Google Street View unveils plans to expand its maps to include photographs of popular hiking trails. [GOOD]
Arts and crafts
A 5-year-old Australian painting prodigy opens her second solo New York City art show. [Gothamist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new analysis finds that female doctors earn an average of $12,194 less per year than their male counterparts. [Newser]
The King of R&B
The IRS reports that R. Kelly stopped paying his taxes in 2005, and owes about $4.8 million. [Business Insider]
A man allegedly attempts to rob a Virginia Walmart, only to get hit by his own getaway truck during the botched escape attempt. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
Subscribe to the Week