OOD DAY FOR:
A study finds that heavy drinking, smoking, drug use, and overeating do not affect a man's sperm count. [TIME]
Google Street View unveils plans to expand its maps to include photographs of popular hiking trails. [GOOD]
Arts and crafts
A 5-year-old Australian painting prodigy opens her second solo New York City art show. [Gothamist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new analysis finds that female doctors earn an average of $12,194 less per year than their male counterparts. [Newser]
The King of R&B
The IRS reports that R. Kelly stopped paying his taxes in 2005, and owes about $4.8 million. [Business Insider]
A man allegedly attempts to rob a Virginia Walmart, only to get hit by his own getaway truck during the botched escape attempt. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week