GOOD DAY FOR:
A study finds that heavy drinking, smoking, drug use, and overeating do not affect a man's sperm count. [TIME]
Google Street View unveils plans to expand its maps to include photographs of popular hiking trails. [GOOD]
Arts and crafts
A 5-year-old Australian painting prodigy opens her second solo New York City art show. [Gothamist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new analysis finds that female doctors earn an average of $12,194 less per year than their male counterparts. [Newser]
The King of R&B
The IRS reports that R. Kelly stopped paying his taxes in 2005, and owes about $4.8 million. [Business Insider]
A man allegedly attempts to rob a Virginia Walmart, only to get hit by his own getaway truck during the botched escape attempt. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week