GOOD DAY FOR:
A study finds that heavy drinking, smoking, drug use, and overeating do not affect a man's sperm count. [TIME]
Google Street View unveils plans to expand its maps to include photographs of popular hiking trails. [GOOD]
Arts and crafts
A 5-year-old Australian painting prodigy opens her second solo New York City art show. [Gothamist]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new analysis finds that female doctors earn an average of $12,194 less per year than their male counterparts. [Newser]
The King of R&B
The IRS reports that R. Kelly stopped paying his taxes in 2005, and owes about $4.8 million. [Business Insider]
A man allegedly attempts to rob a Virginia Walmart, only to get hit by his own getaway truck during the botched escape attempt. [Consumerist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- The week's best photojournalism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week