OOD DAY FOR:
Weapons of mass deliciousness
The U.S. Army celebrates its 237th birthday with a cupcake-shooting tank. [GlobalPost]
Moving to the sticks
A new report finds that parents in rural areas spend 20 percent less to raise a child than urban families do. [The Daily]
A forever-young fish
The goldfish a British man won when he was 4 years old is still alive and swimming for its owner's 28th birthday. [Discovery News]
BAD DAY FOR:
Coping quietly with culinary disappointment
A man calls 911 after a deli gets his sandwich order wrong and ignores his request for a "lot of mayonnaise." [Gothamist]
A Michigan lawmaker is banned from the House floor after she uses the word "vagina" while criticizing an anti-abortion bill. [New York]
Nurturing the young
Jimmy Kimmel hooks a young boy up to a fake lie detector and gets him to spill his secrets on live television. [Business Insider]
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week