Can turbulence cause a plane crash?
Today's aircraft are designed to survive even the most severe forms of turbulence, says Brian Palmer at Slate. But improper maintenance can leave them vulnerable
CC BY: lorentey
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week