According to the Interfax news agency, Russia is planning to send two navy ships to Syria to protect Russian citizens and its naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus. Russian officials have declined to comment on the report. Russia has continued to provide the Syrian regime with weapons and has blocked the U.N. from taking action against it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to buy an engagement ring — a man's guide
Subscribe to the Week