According to the Interfax news agency, Russia is planning to send two navy ships to Syria to protect Russian citizens and its naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus. Russian officials have declined to comment on the report. Russia has continued to provide the Syrian regime with weapons and has blocked the U.N. from taking action against it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week