According to the Interfax news agency, Russia is planning to send two navy ships to Syria to protect Russian citizens and its naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus. Russian officials have declined to comment on the report. Russia has continued to provide the Syrian regime with weapons and has blocked the U.N. from taking action against it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Painting the universe's portrait
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week