According to the Interfax news agency, Russia is planning to send two navy ships to Syria to protect Russian citizens and its naval base in the Syrian port of Tartus. Russian officials have declined to comment on the report. Russia has continued to provide the Syrian regime with weapons and has blocked the U.N. from taking action against it.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why I give money to homeless people
Subscribe to the Week