Strong winds fanned the flames of Colorado's record wildfire on Sunday, thwarting efforts by firefighters to contain it and grounding air support. The fire was sparked by lightning more than a week ago and has burnt more than 85 square miles and destroyed 181 homes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Puppies take the plunge
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week