Strong winds fanned the flames of Colorado's record wildfire on Sunday, thwarting efforts by firefighters to contain it and grounding air support. The fire was sparked by lightning more than a week ago and has burnt more than 85 square miles and destroyed 181 homes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing Die Hard's craziest injuries: A professional weighs in
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week