In a "major" announcement scheduled for Monday, Microsoft, a company that's known mainly for software, is expected to reveal a new tablet. Industry speculation is split on the device's precise nature: Will it be a Microsoft-branded tablet featuring Windows RT that puts the company in direct competition with Apple? Or will it be "a souped-up reader made in cooperation with Barnes and Noble — a device more like Amazon's Kindle Fire"? (Update: Barnes & Noble says it's not participating in today's announcement, making the second scenario unlikely.) Stay tuned...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week