In a "major" announcement scheduled for Monday, Microsoft, a company that's known mainly for software, is expected to reveal a new tablet. Industry speculation is split on the device's precise nature: Will it be a Microsoft-branded tablet featuring Windows RT that puts the company in direct competition with Apple? Or will it be "a souped-up reader made in cooperation with Barnes and Noble — a device more like Amazon's Kindle Fire"? (Update: Barnes & Noble says it's not participating in today's announcement, making the second scenario unlikely.) Stay tuned...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- America's most surprising banned books
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week