n a "major" announcement scheduled for Monday, Microsoft, a company that's known mainly for software, is expected to reveal a new tablet. Industry speculation is split on the device's precise nature: Will it be a Microsoft-branded tablet featuring Windows RT that puts the company in direct competition with Apple? Or will it be "a souped-up reader made in cooperation with Barnes and Noble — a device more like Amazon's Kindle Fire"? (Update: Barnes & Noble says it's not participating in today's announcement, making the second scenario unlikely.) Stay tuned...
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- The secrets of happy families
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
Subscribe to the Week