In a "major" announcement scheduled for Monday, Microsoft, a company that's known mainly for software, is expected to reveal a new tablet. Industry speculation is split on the device's precise nature: Will it be a Microsoft-branded tablet featuring Windows RT that puts the company in direct competition with Apple? Or will it be "a souped-up reader made in cooperation with Barnes and Noble — a device more like Amazon's Kindle Fire"? (Update: Barnes & Noble says it's not participating in today's announcement, making the second scenario unlikely.) Stay tuned...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week