Former Rutgers University student Dharun Ravi, 20, (pictured) was released from jail Tuesday, after serving 20 days of a 30-day sentence. Rhavi was found guilty of bias intimidation for using a webcam in 2010 to stream his gay roommate Tyler Clementi's private encounter with another man. Clementi later committed suicide after learning of Ravi's actions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why the rise of cosplay is a bad sign for the U.S. economy
Subscribe to the Week