Former Rutgers University student Dharun Ravi, 20, (pictured) was released from jail Tuesday, after serving 20 days of a 30-day sentence. Rhavi was found guilty of bias intimidation for using a webcam in 2010 to stream his gay roommate Tyler Clementi's private encounter with another man. Clementi later committed suicide after learning of Ravi's actions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week