GOOD DAY FOR:
A man who lost his legs to a genetic disorder successfully summits Mt. Kilimanjaro, climbing most of the way on his hands, and raising $500,000 for charity. [HyperVocal]
The mother of all pearls
French researchers unearth the oldest natural pearl ever found. The 7,500-year-old artifact was discovered in the United Arab Emirates. [Discovery News]
A pop music revival
Adele's hit song "Rolling in the Deep" awakens a 7-year-old girl from a coma just as her family was preparing to say goodbye. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
The chosen hot dogs
A class-action lawsuit alleges that Hebrew National, known for its kosher meat products, has been selling hot dogs that actually aren't kosher. [Reuters]
Ill-conceived sneaker designs
Adidas cancels production of a line of shoes that caused an uproar over the bright orange ankle shackles attached to the sneakers. Many critics said the function-less chains resembled slave shackles. [Consumerist]
Alec Baldwin allegedly punches a New York Daily News photographer who was trying to nab a shot of the 30 Rock star obtaining a marriage license. [Daily News]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week