Johnny Depp, 48, and Vanessa Paradis, 39, have officially ended their 14-year relationship, an unusually long one in the celebrity universe. The split was not unheralded. The couple, who have two children together, once lived away from the spotlight in the French hamlet of Plan-de-la-Tour, but lately have been maintaining separate residences: Depp in Hollywood, Paradis in France. Earlier this year, while promoting a movie, Paradis told the press, "The idea of a soul mate is beautiful and very romantic to talk about in a movie or a song, but in reality, I find it scary."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week