Forbes crowned Twilight star Kristen Stewart Hollywood's new top-earning actress, pushing former No. 1 Angelina Jolie down to fourth place. The 22-year-old Stewart earned $34.5 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks largely to Twilight and her title role in Snow White and the Huntsman. In the No. 2 slot is Cameron Diaz, at $34 million, and Sandra Bullock came in third, with $25 million. Combined, Forbes' Top 10 women earned $200 million last year; the Top 10 male movie stars earned $361 million.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week