Forbes crowned Twilight star Kristen Stewart Hollywood's new top-earning actress, pushing former No. 1 Angelina Jolie down to fourth place. The 22-year-old Stewart earned $34.5 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks largely to Twilight and her title role in Snow White and the Huntsman. In the No. 2 slot is Cameron Diaz, at $34 million, and Sandra Bullock came in third, with $25 million. Combined, Forbes' Top 10 women earned $200 million last year; the Top 10 male movie stars earned $361 million.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week