orbes crowned Twilight star Kristen Stewart Hollywood's new top-earning actress, pushing former No. 1 Angelina Jolie down to fourth place. The 22-year-old Stewart earned $34.5 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks largely to Twilight and her title role in Snow White and the Huntsman. In the No. 2 slot is Cameron Diaz, at $34 million, and Sandra Bullock came in third, with $25 million. Combined, Forbes' Top 10 women earned $200 million last year; the Top 10 male movie stars earned $361 million.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- To build the Death Star, we'll need this space elevator
Subscribe to the Week