Forbes crowned Twilight star Kristen Stewart Hollywood's new top-earning actress, pushing former No. 1 Angelina Jolie down to fourth place. The 22-year-old Stewart earned $34.5 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks largely to Twilight and her title role in Snow White and the Huntsman. In the No. 2 slot is Cameron Diaz, at $34 million, and Sandra Bullock came in third, with $25 million. Combined, Forbes' Top 10 women earned $200 million last year; the Top 10 male movie stars earned $361 million.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week