Forbes crowned Twilight star Kristen Stewart Hollywood's new top-earning actress, pushing former No. 1 Angelina Jolie down to fourth place. The 22-year-old Stewart earned $34.5 million between May 2011 and May 2012, thanks largely to Twilight and her title role in Snow White and the Huntsman. In the No. 2 slot is Cameron Diaz, at $34 million, and Sandra Bullock came in third, with $25 million. Combined, Forbes' Top 10 women earned $200 million last year; the Top 10 male movie stars earned $361 million.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week