A man claiming allegiance to al Qaeda took hostages Wednesday at a bank in Toulouse, France. The situation is ongoing, and French media report that four hostages are inside the bank. Officials say there have been no injuries thus far. Earlier this year, a man who claimed to be linked to al Qaeda shot and killed three Jewish schoolchildren and four adults near Toulouse.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
When Americans banned Christmas
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week