A man claiming allegiance to al Qaeda took hostages Wednesday at a bank in Toulouse, France. The situation is ongoing, and French media report that four hostages are inside the bank. Officials say there have been no injuries thus far. Earlier this year, a man who claimed to be linked to al Qaeda shot and killed three Jewish schoolchildren and four adults near Toulouse.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week