A man claiming allegiance to al Qaeda took hostages Wednesday at a bank in Toulouse, France. The situation is ongoing, and French media report that four hostages are inside the bank. Officials say there have been no injuries thus far. Earlier this year, a man who claimed to be linked to al Qaeda shot and killed three Jewish schoolchildren and four adults near Toulouse.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week