A man claiming allegiance to al Qaeda took hostages Wednesday at a bank in Toulouse, France. The situation is ongoing, and French media report that four hostages are inside the bank. Officials say there have been no injuries thus far. Earlier this year, a man who claimed to be linked to al Qaeda shot and killed three Jewish schoolchildren and four adults near Toulouse.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week