GOOD DAY FOR:
Bella's bank account
Kristen Stewart of Twilight fame tops Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid actresses for the first time. [Forbes]
The Palin media empire
Todd Palin will take part in NBC's military-themed reality competition Stars Earn Stripes, making him the third member of the Palin family with a TV gig. (Bristol has a reality show on Lifetime, and Sarah is a Fox News contributor.) [Newser]
A new study from the Department of Energy finds that renewable power could take care of up to 80 percent of the U.S.' electricity needs by 2050... if we play our cards right. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Politically incorrect plumbers
The National Jewish Democratic Council demands an apology from Sam "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher after he implies that gun control laws caused the Holocaust. [Politicker]
Smoothly fitting pants
A man who suffers from a rare condition that caused his scrotum to swell to 100 pounds refuses a $1 million corrective surgery from Dr. Oz because he wants to remain a "celebrity." [Death & Taxes]
A Florida woman is charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly groping a TSA supervisor as retaliation for the intrusive pat-down she says she received. [Gothamist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week