OOD DAY FOR:
Bella's bank account
Kristen Stewart of Twilight fame tops Forbes' annual list of the highest-paid actresses for the first time. [Forbes]
The Palin media empire
Todd Palin will take part in NBC's military-themed reality competition Stars Earn Stripes, making him the third member of the Palin family with a TV gig. (Bristol has a reality show on Lifetime, and Sarah is a Fox News contributor.) [Newser]
A new study from the Department of Energy finds that renewable power could take care of up to 80 percent of the U.S.' electricity needs by 2050... if we play our cards right. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Politically incorrect plumbers
The National Jewish Democratic Council demands an apology from Sam "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher after he implies that gun control laws caused the Holocaust. [Politicker]
Smoothly fitting pants
A man who suffers from a rare condition that caused his scrotum to swell to 100 pounds refuses a $1 million corrective surgery from Dr. Oz because he wants to remain a "celebrity." [Death & Taxes]
A Florida woman is charged with misdemeanor battery for allegedly groping a TSA supervisor as retaliation for the intrusive pat-down she says she received. [Gothamist]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 18 books to read in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week