akistan's ruling party, Pakistan People's Party, has nominated party loyalist Makhdoom Shahabuddin to replace ousted Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani. The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday to oust Gilani for contempt of court, after he refused to launch a corruption case against President Asif Ali Zardari. Just after Shahabuddin was nominated, he was served with an arrest warrant related to a drug importing scandal, indicating that more political turmoil is on the horizon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
Subscribe to the Week