A 10-minute video of middle-school kids brutally taunting Karen Klein, a 68-year-old bus monitor and grandmother of eight, on a school bus, has gone viral. People have also donated more than $85,000 to send Klein on a nice vacation. Klein's daughter says her mother is contemplating taking the whole family on a Disney cruise.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week