A 10-minute video of middle-school kids brutally taunting Karen Klein, a 68-year-old bus monitor and grandmother of eight, on a school bus, has gone viral. People have also donated more than $85,000 to send Klein on a nice vacation. Klein's daughter says her mother is contemplating taking the whole family on a Disney cruise.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week