.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson has resigned less than two weeks after being treated for a seizure that caused him to get into two minor car accidents on June 9. Bryson, 68, who has been in office since October 2011, was found unconscious in his car, after the second of two collisions, police said. He took medical leave June 11. In a statement, President Obama thanked Bryson for "his service over the past months," and wished him well.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week