.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson has resigned less than two weeks after being treated for a seizure that caused him to get into two minor car accidents on June 9. Bryson, 68, who has been in office since October 2011, was found unconscious in his car, after the second of two collisions, police said. He took medical leave June 11. In a statement, President Obama thanked Bryson for "his service over the past months," and wished him well.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week