"If you have ever been the guilty recipient of puppy-dog eyes when refusing to share a slice of cake with your dog," says Martha De Lacey at Britain's The Daily Mail, "now there is a solution to the problem: Pupcakes." A baker in England has whisked together dog-friendly ingredients like gluten-free flour to create these cupcakes — which are topped with a doggy treat. Here, a pictorial guide to seven other people foods made for dogs:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week