What if Romney's attack ads focused on Obama's... teleprompter?
With tongue firmly planted in cheek, Slate imagines a brutal TV commercial that could cost the president re-election
President Obama's reliance on teleprompters has become a campaign issue for the GOP, with Rick Santorum suggesting that the speech-aiding devices should be outlawed.
Stephen Morton/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week