What if Romney's attack ads focused on Obama's... teleprompter?
With tongue firmly planted in cheek, Slate imagines a brutal TV commercial that could cost the president re-election
President Obama's reliance on teleprompters has become a campaign issue for the GOP, with Rick Santorum suggesting that the speech-aiding devices should be outlawed.
Stephen Morton/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week