What if Romney's attack ads focused on Obama's... teleprompter?
With tongue firmly planted in cheek, Slate imagines a brutal TV commercial that could cost the president re-election
President Obama's reliance on teleprompters has become a campaign issue for the GOP, with Rick Santorum suggesting that the speech-aiding devices should be outlawed.
Stephen Morton/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
Subscribe to the Week