What if Romney's attack ads focused on Obama's... teleprompter?
With tongue firmly planted in cheek, Slate imagines a brutal TV commercial that could cost the president re-election
President Obama's reliance on teleprompters has become a campaign issue for the GOP, with Rick Santorum suggesting that the speech-aiding devices should be outlawed.
Stephen Morton/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week