he Dow Jones Industrial closed its second-worst trading day of 2012 Thursday, falling 250 points to end the day at 12,573. All three of the major U.S. indexes fell roughly two percent, slammed by the combination of poor economic reports, trouble in the eurozone, and global growth worries that in turned triggered an ominous warning from Goldman Sachs over potential further financial troubles. It was the second time in three weeks that the Dow fell more than 250 points in a session.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week