he Dow Jones Industrial closed its second-worst trading day of 2012 Thursday, falling 250 points to end the day at 12,573. All three of the major U.S. indexes fell roughly two percent, slammed by the combination of poor economic reports, trouble in the eurozone, and global growth worries that in turned triggered an ominous warning from Goldman Sachs over potential further financial troubles. It was the second time in three weeks that the Dow fell more than 250 points in a session.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
Subscribe to the Week