n Thursday, credit-rating agency Moody's downgraded 15 of the world's largest banks in a move that could cause further turmoil in markets already unnerved by the European debt crisis and the shaky U.S. economic recovery. Citigroup, Bank of America, and Morgan Stanley were among the American banks hit, and they are expected to have a tougher time securing loans as a result. The threat of a downgrade had plagued markets for months, pushing down stock prices of many major financial institutions.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The executioners' lament
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- China's massive pollution problem
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Subscribe to the Week