Online donations continue to pour in for Karen Klein, the New York bus monitor who was brutally bullied by middle school kids. A video of Klein, a 68-year-old grandmother, being harassed went viral, spurring outrage and support. More than $450,000 has been raised for Klein through the crowd-funding site Indiegogo. The original goal was to raise just a few thousand dollars to send Klein on vacation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week