Syrian troops killed at least 10 protesters when they opened fire with heavy machine guns in the commercial hub of Aleppo on Friday. Thousands of demonstrators denouncing President Bashar al-Assad were marching toward the city's central Saadallah al-Jabiri Square when four armored vehicles opened fire, activists told Reuters.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week