yrian troops killed at least 10 protesters when they opened fire with heavy machine guns in the commercial hub of Aleppo on Friday. Thousands of demonstrators denouncing President Bashar al-Assad were marching toward the city's central Saadallah al-Jabiri Square when four armored vehicles opened fire, activists told Reuters.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week