Syrian troops killed at least 10 protesters when they opened fire with heavy machine guns in the commercial hub of Aleppo on Friday. Thousands of demonstrators denouncing President Bashar al-Assad were marching toward the city's central Saadallah al-Jabiri Square when four armored vehicles opened fire, activists told Reuters.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week