eneral Motors is recalling its popular Chevy Cruze model after reported incidents of engine fires. The recall covers 475,000 vehicles made between September 2010 and May 2012, and is the car's fifth recall since the Cruze was first released two years ago. The company fielded 30 reports of fires, which may have been caused by fluids that accidentally spilled on the engine shield during oil changes. The recall is a major blow to GM, as the Chevy Cruze is credited with helping the company win back small-car buyers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week