eneral Motors is recalling its popular Chevy Cruze model after reported incidents of engine fires. The recall covers 475,000 vehicles made between September 2010 and May 2012, and is the car's fifth recall since the Cruze was first released two years ago. The company fielded 30 reports of fires, which may have been caused by fluids that accidentally spilled on the engine shield during oil changes. The recall is a major blow to GM, as the Chevy Cruze is credited with helping the company win back small-car buyers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week