eneral Motors is recalling its popular Chevy Cruze model after reported incidents of engine fires. The recall covers 475,000 vehicles made between September 2010 and May 2012, and is the car's fifth recall since the Cruze was first released two years ago. The company fielded 30 reports of fires, which may have been caused by fluids that accidentally spilled on the engine shield during oil changes. The recall is a major blow to GM, as the Chevy Cruze is credited with helping the company win back small-car buyers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week