eneral Motors is recalling its popular Chevy Cruze model after reported incidents of engine fires. The recall covers 475,000 vehicles made between September 2010 and May 2012, and is the car's fifth recall since the Cruze was first released two years ago. The company fielded 30 reports of fires, which may have been caused by fluids that accidentally spilled on the engine shield during oil changes. The recall is a major blow to GM, as the Chevy Cruze is credited with helping the company win back small-car buyers.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
Subscribe to the Week