peaking at Florida's Walt Disney World resort on Friday, President Obama vowed to Latino leaders that he would renew the battle for immigration reform. A congressional stalemate on immigration, Obama argued, has resulted in a "patchwork of state laws that cause more problems than they solve and are often doing more harm than good." The Hispanic vote represents a critical election-year demographic for the president, as Latinos backed him by a 2-to-1 margin in 2008.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The secrets of happy families
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week