Turkey's president vowed action after Syria shot down a Turkish fighter jet on Friday. "It is not possible to cover over a thing like this," President Abdullah Gul said. "Whatever is necessary will no doubt be done." Syria has acknowledged shooting down the F-4 fighter jet, claiming it was flying low over Syria's territorial waters. Turkey is still hunting for the two pilots who were manning the aircraft.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
Subscribe to the Week