Turkey's president vowed action after Syria shot down a Turkish fighter jet on Friday. "It is not possible to cover over a thing like this," President Abdullah Gul said. "Whatever is necessary will no doubt be done." Syria has acknowledged shooting down the F-4 fighter jet, claiming it was flying low over Syria's territorial waters. Turkey is still hunting for the two pilots who were manning the aircraft.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week