Turkey's president vowed action after Syria shot down a Turkish fighter jet on Friday. "It is not possible to cover over a thing like this," President Abdullah Gul said. "Whatever is necessary will no doubt be done." Syria has acknowledged shooting down the F-4 fighter jet, claiming it was flying low over Syria's territorial waters. Turkey is still hunting for the two pilots who were manning the aircraft.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week