Turkey's president vowed action after Syria shot down a Turkish fighter jet on Friday. "It is not possible to cover over a thing like this," President Abdullah Gul said. "Whatever is necessary will no doubt be done." Syria has acknowledged shooting down the F-4 fighter jet, claiming it was flying low over Syria's territorial waters. Turkey is still hunting for the two pilots who were manning the aircraft.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
Subscribe to the Week