Tek Young Lin, a retired teacher who once taught at the presitigious New York City private school Horace Mann, admitted to The New York Times that he had sex with "maybe three" students when he was a teacher in the 1960s and '70s. "In those days," Lin said "it was very spontaneous and casual, and it did not seem really wrong." Lin's admission comes a few weeks after The New York Times Magazine published an expose of alleged incidents of sexual abuse by several Horace Mann teachers during the same time period. Because of the statute of limitations, it's unlikely that any charges will be brought against Lin.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week