ek Young Lin, a retired teacher who once taught at the presitigious New York City private school Horace Mann, admitted to The New York Times that he had sex with "maybe three" students when he was a teacher in the 1960s and '70s. "In those days," Lin said "it was very spontaneous and casual, and it did not seem really wrong." Lin's admission comes a few weeks after The New York Times Magazine published an expose of alleged incidents of sexual abuse by several Horace Mann teachers during the same time period. Because of the statute of limitations, it's unlikely that any charges will be brought against Lin.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Can Paul Ryan's poverty blitz survive contact with reality?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
Subscribe to the Week