Tek Young Lin, a retired teacher who once taught at the presitigious New York City private school Horace Mann, admitted to The New York Times that he had sex with "maybe three" students when he was a teacher in the 1960s and '70s. "In those days," Lin said "it was very spontaneous and casual, and it did not seem really wrong." Lin's admission comes a few weeks after The New York Times Magazine published an expose of alleged incidents of sexual abuse by several Horace Mann teachers during the same time period. Because of the statute of limitations, it's unlikely that any charges will be brought against Lin.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week