Tek Young Lin, a retired teacher who once taught at the presitigious New York City private school Horace Mann, admitted to The New York Times that he had sex with "maybe three" students when he was a teacher in the 1960s and '70s. "In those days," Lin said "it was very spontaneous and casual, and it did not seem really wrong." Lin's admission comes a few weeks after The New York Times Magazine published an expose of alleged incidents of sexual abuse by several Horace Mann teachers during the same time period. Because of the statute of limitations, it's unlikely that any charges will be brought against Lin.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week