Tek Young Lin, a retired teacher who once taught at the presitigious New York City private school Horace Mann, admitted to The New York Times that he had sex with "maybe three" students when he was a teacher in the 1960s and '70s. "In those days," Lin said "it was very spontaneous and casual, and it did not seem really wrong." Lin's admission comes a few weeks after The New York Times Magazine published an expose of alleged incidents of sexual abuse by several Horace Mann teachers during the same time period. Because of the statute of limitations, it's unlikely that any charges will be brought against Lin.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week