Longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a "mild heart attack." This is the second cardiac arrest for Trebek, who has hosted the popular game show since 1984. According to Sony Pictures Television, Trebek, 71, is "in good spirits" and "is expected to fully recover and be back at Jeopardy! when production begins taping in July for the new season, the show's 29th." His current contract extends until 2014.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week