Longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a "mild heart attack." This is the second cardiac arrest for Trebek, who has hosted the popular game show since 1984. According to Sony Pictures Television, Trebek, 71, is "in good spirits" and "is expected to fully recover and be back at Jeopardy! when production begins taping in July for the new season, the show's 29th." His current contract extends until 2014.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week