Longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a "mild heart attack." This is the second cardiac arrest for Trebek, who has hosted the popular game show since 1984. According to Sony Pictures Television, Trebek, 71, is "in good spirits" and "is expected to fully recover and be back at Jeopardy! when production begins taping in July for the new season, the show's 29th." His current contract extends until 2014.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week