Longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a "mild heart attack." This is the second cardiac arrest for Trebek, who has hosted the popular game show since 1984. According to Sony Pictures Television, Trebek, 71, is "in good spirits" and "is expected to fully recover and be back at Jeopardy! when production begins taping in July for the new season, the show's 29th." His current contract extends until 2014.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week