Longtime Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek is in a Los Angeles hospital recovering from a "mild heart attack." This is the second cardiac arrest for Trebek, who has hosted the popular game show since 1984. According to Sony Pictures Television, Trebek, 71, is "in good spirits" and "is expected to fully recover and be back at Jeopardy! when production begins taping in July for the new season, the show's 29th." His current contract extends until 2014.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week