urkey's state-run news agency says 33 Syrian soldiers, including a general and two colonels, and their families, defected to Turkey overnight. There were reportedly 224 people in all in the group. The news comes just days after Syria shot down a Turkish military jet and after a Syrian pilot defected to Jordan in his fighter jet; Turkey has called a NATO meeting for Tuesday to determine the appropriate response to Syria's shooting down of its jet.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 9 negative effects divorce reportedly has on children
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week