ropical storm Debby brought torrential rain to Florida Monday. Debby has been slow moving, making flooding a bigger threat than wind. Residents in low-lying areas around the crook of Florida's elbow are being urged to evacuate. The storm is fairly stationary, and its center is far off the coast in the Gulf of Mexico, but even so, it has managed to spawn isolated tornadoes that have left at least one person dead.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week