ropical storm Debby brought torrential rain to Florida Monday. Debby has been slow moving, making flooding a bigger threat than wind. Residents in low-lying areas around the crook of Florida's elbow are being urged to evacuate. The storm is fairly stationary, and its center is far off the coast in the Gulf of Mexico, but even so, it has managed to spawn isolated tornadoes that have left at least one person dead.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week