Florida Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency as Tropical Storm Debby pummels the state with torrential rain. Scott says the majority of the state is in for steady rain until Thursday, and that storm cells and tornadoes are possible. Parts of the state could see up to an estimated 20 inches of rain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week