Florida Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency as Tropical Storm Debby pummels the state with torrential rain. Scott says the majority of the state is in for steady rain until Thursday, and that storm cells and tornadoes are possible. Parts of the state could see up to an estimated 20 inches of rain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- Why insects are the future of food
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week