Florida Gov. Rick Scott has declared a state of emergency as Tropical Storm Debby pummels the state with torrential rain. Scott says the majority of the state is in for steady rain until Thursday, and that storm cells and tornadoes are possible. Parts of the state could see up to an estimated 20 inches of rain.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- A linguist's guide to HULK SMASH
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week