OOD DAY FOR:
Leaving work early
A new analysis finds that the most dangerous time for driving is between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., due to rush hour traffic. [Discovery News]
A productively obsessive-compulsive YouTuber re-creates Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night with 7,000 dominoes. [The Daily What]
Two Ohio great-grandmothers parachute from a plane to raise money for a veterans' food pantry. [The Stir]
BAD DAY FOR:
Giant Galapagos tortoise "Lonesome George," the last tortoise of his kind and a conservation symbol, dies. He was believed to be about 100 years old. [Death & Taxes]
Garish gas guzzlers
A study finds that red cars are statistically more likely to be hit with bird droppings. [Gawker]
Honoring the dead
On a class trip to the 9/11 Memorial, New York City junior high students hurl trash and other items into its reflecting pools. [Newser]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week