OOD DAY FOR:
Leaving work early
A new analysis finds that the most dangerous time for driving is between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., due to rush hour traffic. [Discovery News]
A productively obsessive-compulsive YouTuber re-creates Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night with 7,000 dominoes. [The Daily What]
Two Ohio great-grandmothers parachute from a plane to raise money for a veterans' food pantry. [The Stir]
BAD DAY FOR:
Giant Galapagos tortoise "Lonesome George," the last tortoise of his kind and a conservation symbol, dies. He was believed to be about 100 years old. [Death & Taxes]
Garish gas guzzlers
A study finds that red cars are statistically more likely to be hit with bird droppings. [Gawker]
Honoring the dead
On a class trip to the 9/11 Memorial, New York City junior high students hurl trash and other items into its reflecting pools. [Newser]
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week