Turkish officials say Syria fired shots at a second Turkish plane, which was on a rescue mission in search of a fighter jet that was shot down by Syrian forces last Friday. Turkey's search and rescue plane was not brought down by the Syrian shots. Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the latest incident occurred, but he did say that Syrians had stopped firing after a warning from Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week