Turkish officials say Syria fired shots at a second Turkish plane, which was on a rescue mission in search of a fighter jet that was shot down by Syrian forces last Friday. Turkey's search and rescue plane was not brought down by the Syrian shots. Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the latest incident occurred, but he did say that Syrians had stopped firing after a warning from Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week