Turkish officials say Syria fired shots at a second Turkish plane, which was on a rescue mission in search of a fighter jet that was shot down by Syrian forces last Friday. Turkey's search and rescue plane was not brought down by the Syrian shots. Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the latest incident occurred, but he did say that Syrians had stopped firing after a warning from Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why insects are the future of food
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
Subscribe to the Week