Turkish officials say Syria fired shots at a second Turkish plane, which was on a rescue mission in search of a fighter jet that was shot down by Syrian forces last Friday. Turkey's search and rescue plane was not brought down by the Syrian shots. Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the latest incident occurred, but he did say that Syrians had stopped firing after a warning from Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week