Turkish officials say Syria fired shots at a second Turkish plane, which was on a rescue mission in search of a fighter jet that was shot down by Syrian forces last Friday. Turkey's search and rescue plane was not brought down by the Syrian shots. Speaking at a televised news conference, Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc did not specify when the latest incident occurred, but he did say that Syrians had stopped firing after a warning from Turkey.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week