uring an appearance on Good Morning America Tuesday, Rielle Hunter, girlfriend to former presidential candidate John Edwards, said that the couple has ended their relationship. "We are a family, but as of the end of last week, John Edwards and I are no longer a couple," Hunter said, adding that the two plan to continue raising their daughter, 4-year-old Quinn, together. Hunter, whose book What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me is out today, declined to specify the reason for the break-up, but did say that "media scrutiny" put a strain on the romance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week