During an appearance on Good Morning America Tuesday, Rielle Hunter, girlfriend to former presidential candidate John Edwards, said that the couple has ended their relationship. "We are a family, but as of the end of last week, John Edwards and I are no longer a couple," Hunter said, adding that the two plan to continue raising their daughter, 4-year-old Quinn, together. Hunter, whose book What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me is out today, declined to specify the reason for the break-up, but did say that "media scrutiny" put a strain on the romance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week