During an appearance on Good Morning America Tuesday, Rielle Hunter, girlfriend to former presidential candidate John Edwards, said that the couple has ended their relationship. "We are a family, but as of the end of last week, John Edwards and I are no longer a couple," Hunter said, adding that the two plan to continue raising their daughter, 4-year-old Quinn, together. Hunter, whose book What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me is out today, declined to specify the reason for the break-up, but did say that "media scrutiny" put a strain on the romance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week