During an appearance on Good Morning America Tuesday, Rielle Hunter, girlfriend to former presidential candidate John Edwards, said that the couple has ended their relationship. "We are a family, but as of the end of last week, John Edwards and I are no longer a couple," Hunter said, adding that the two plan to continue raising their daughter, 4-year-old Quinn, together. Hunter, whose book What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me is out today, declined to specify the reason for the break-up, but did say that "media scrutiny" put a strain on the romance.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week