Jerry Sandusky's adopted son Matt revealed to police that his father sexually abused him for several years, according to a 29-minute secret police interview that was conducted during Sandusky's child sex-abuse trial and obtained by NBC News. Matt Sandusky, 33, says that he once fled the Sandusky home in fear of his father, and also claims that he would cower "in a fetal position" in order to avoid him at night. According to the police tapes, Matt says his father would enter his bedroom at night, "blow raspberries" on his stomach, and rub up against his genitals. He claims that he can't remember whether his father ever actually engaged in sex acts with him: "As of this time, I don't recall that." Prior to the interview, Matt had publicly stood by his father, even showing up on the first day of testimony alongside the rest of the Sandusky family. Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of 48 child sex-abuse charges on Friday, and faces hundreds of years in prison for molesting 10 boys over 15 years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Britain has basically decriminalized internet piracy. The U.S. should, too.
Subscribe to the Week