Jerry Sandusky's adopted son Matt revealed to police that his father sexually abused him for several years, according to a 29-minute secret police interview that was conducted during Sandusky's child sex-abuse trial and obtained by NBC News. Matt Sandusky, 33, says that he once fled the Sandusky home in fear of his father, and also claims that he would cower "in a fetal position" in order to avoid him at night. According to the police tapes, Matt says his father would enter his bedroom at night, "blow raspberries" on his stomach, and rub up against his genitals. He claims that he can't remember whether his father ever actually engaged in sex acts with him: "As of this time, I don't recall that." Prior to the interview, Matt had publicly stood by his father, even showing up on the first day of testimony alongside the rest of the Sandusky family. Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of 48 child sex-abuse charges on Friday, and faces hundreds of years in prison for molesting 10 boys over 15 years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week