Jerry Sandusky's adopted son Matt revealed to police that his father sexually abused him for several years, according to a 29-minute secret police interview that was conducted during Sandusky's child sex-abuse trial and obtained by NBC News. Matt Sandusky, 33, says that he once fled the Sandusky home in fear of his father, and also claims that he would cower "in a fetal position" in order to avoid him at night. According to the police tapes, Matt says his father would enter his bedroom at night, "blow raspberries" on his stomach, and rub up against his genitals. He claims that he can't remember whether his father ever actually engaged in sex acts with him: "As of this time, I don't recall that." Prior to the interview, Matt had publicly stood by his father, even showing up on the first day of testimony alongside the rest of the Sandusky family. Jerry Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of 48 child sex-abuse charges on Friday, and faces hundreds of years in prison for molesting 10 boys over 15 years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How one toxic boss can poison your entire office
Subscribe to the Week