he Avengers continues to smash box-office records. On Tuesday, it became only the third film to pass the $600 million mark domestically. Joss Whedon, who directed the ensemble superhero hit, is only the second director to accomplish the feat, joining James Cameron, who has two films in the $600 million club: Titanic and Avatar. Already, The Avengers is the fastest film to have reached the $200 million, $300 million, $400 million, and $500 million thresholds at the U.S. box office. The film's worldwide gross is $1.4 billion, and counting.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
Subscribe to the Week