ora Ephron, the prodigious screenwriter, filmmaker, and director best known for hits like When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle, has passed away at age 71 following a long bout with leukemia. Word of her deteriorating condition spread quickly over Twitter after her friend and celebrity columnist Liz Smith penned what appeared to be an obituary, which has since been taken down. Her condition was subsequently confirmed by her book publisher late Tuesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week