ootball will join every other major college sport in determining the national champion through a playoff system, after a committee of university presidents signed off on the proposal. Starting in 2014, the much-maligned Bowl Championship Series (BCS) will be no more, replaced by a set of semifinals between the top four college teams and then a championship game on a Monday in early January. The finals will rotate between the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and two more yet to be determined.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week