BC News is negotiating to replace Today co-host Ann Curry (pictured) with relative newcomer Savannah Guthrie. Curry is reportedly being asked to stay at NBC to play a "substantial" role in its news division. Guthrie, 40, has been the 9 a.m. co-host at Today for the past year and NBC News' chief legal correspondent. Her résumé also includes stints as White House correspondent and MSNBC morning-show co-anchor. It hasn't been confirmed whether she has accepted the Today job.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week