NBC News is negotiating to replace Today co-host Ann Curry (pictured) with relative newcomer Savannah Guthrie. Curry is reportedly being asked to stay at NBC to play a "substantial" role in its news division. Guthrie, 40, has been the 9 a.m. co-host at Today for the past year and NBC News' chief legal correspondent. Her résumé also includes stints as White House correspondent and MSNBC morning-show co-anchor. It hasn't been confirmed whether she has accepted the Today job.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week