NBC News is negotiating to replace Today co-host Ann Curry (pictured) with relative newcomer Savannah Guthrie. Curry is reportedly being asked to stay at NBC to play a "substantial" role in its news division. Guthrie, 40, has been the 9 a.m. co-host at Today for the past year and NBC News' chief legal correspondent. Her résumé also includes stints as White House correspondent and MSNBC morning-show co-anchor. It hasn't been confirmed whether she has accepted the Today job.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week