NBC News is negotiating to replace Today co-host Ann Curry (pictured) with relative newcomer Savannah Guthrie. Curry is reportedly being asked to stay at NBC to play a "substantial" role in its news division. Guthrie, 40, has been the 9 a.m. co-host at Today for the past year and NBC News' chief legal correspondent. Her résumé also includes stints as White House correspondent and MSNBC morning-show co-anchor. It hasn't been confirmed whether she has accepted the Today job.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Pope Francis could turn out to be a stealth reformer
Subscribe to the Week