NBC News is negotiating to replace Today co-host Ann Curry (pictured) with relative newcomer Savannah Guthrie. Curry is reportedly being asked to stay at NBC to play a "substantial" role in its news division. Guthrie, 40, has been the 9 a.m. co-host at Today for the past year and NBC News' chief legal correspondent. Her résumé also includes stints as White House correspondent and MSNBC morning-show co-anchor. It hasn't been confirmed whether she has accepted the Today job.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The next pandemic
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week