wildfire near Colorado Springs grew suddenly worse Tuesday, and 32,000 people were forced to flee their homes. The Waldo Canyon Fire is near several state landmarks, including Pikes Peak and the Air Force Academy. It's just one of a number of ferocious fires burning in Colorado and is thought to have consumed more than 6,200 acres in the past few days. The High Park Fire near Fort Collins has consumed 87,250 acres since it started two weeks ago, making it the most destructive fire in state history.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week