Gunmen kill 7 at Syrian TV station
Syrian state media reports that gunmen attacked a pro-Assad TV station in Ikhbariya, south of Damascus, killing seven. Hours before the alleged attack, President Bashar al-Assad said the country was in "a real state of war."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mechanized future of warfare
Subscribe to the Week