ccording to an Obama campaign official, the president is planning a two-day road trip through Ohio and Pennsylvania next week, to focus "more on direct engagement with voters and less on ritzy fundraisers." The bus tour, which kicks off July 5, will coincide with the release of the monthly jobs report, an important indicator of the country's economic outlook. The most recent report, for May, showed only a slight uptick in the unemployment rate, a troubling sign for Obama's re-election prospects.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The indignity of canine bath time
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week