n what's been the tech world's worst kept secret, Google finally pulled the curtains off the Asus Nexus 7 at Wednesday's Google I/O event, the first tablet in the Nexus family. The 7-inch slab will run on a long-awaited update to the Android operating system, version 4.1 Jelly Bean, and comes with a quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 1280 x 800 IPS display, 1.2-megapixel camera, and 1GB of RAM. The Nexus 7 will cost $199 for an 8 GB version and $249 for a 16 GB version.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week