urkish state media reported Thursday that anti-aircraft guns are being deployed along Turkey's 550-mile border with Syria, after a Turkish military jet was shot down last week. The news comes amid reports that Syrian rebels are growing more aggressive in and around Syria's capital of Damascus. On Thursday, the state news agency reported an explosion near the Palace of Justice, just one day after a reported attack on a pro-government TV station. United Nations peace envoy Kofi Annan has arranged an emergency meeting on Saturday in Switzerland to deal with the crisis in Syria. Diplomats from China, France, Russia, the U.K., and the U.S. will attend, and officials from the U.N, the Arab League, and the European Union were also invited.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
Subscribe to the Week